POWER’s PGW Just Transition campaign integrates four essential climate justice values in seeking community-driven solutions: Affordability, Renewability, Fair Labor, Health & Safety. POWER works closely with City Council, with the Office of Sustainability and with the Gas Commission in calling for meaningful public participation and for energy policy that supports racial and economic justice on a livable planet.
Our PGW Just Transition leaders are also exploring Housing as a possible intersectional Economic Dignity, Climate Justice and anti-gentrification area of focus. With weatherization, housing efficiency and home repair, utility bills are more affordable so people don’t lose homes to speculators. The housing work also creates good jobs. We would like to see business models for PGW that put PGW’s labor force in charge of home renovations with attention to making them affordable for all energy users.
Updated Summer 2021
- PGW Draft Materials Comments
- PGW Just Transition July 2021 POWER Letter to Gas Commission — July 2021
- PGW Testimony for May 11 2021 Gas Commission Town Hall Steve Greenspan
- PGW Testimony for May 11 2021 Russell Hicks
- PGW Testimony for May 11, 2021 Bishop Royster
- PGW Testimony for May 11, 2021 Frances Upshaw
- PGW Testimony for May 11, 2021 JG
- PGW Testimony May 11 2021 Gas Commission Town Hall Mitch Chanin